8 Foods to help you lose weight
So here is what I recently found out, starving yourself is not only not healthy but, it doesn’t work for me anymore…grr. As you get older your ability to lose weight becomes more difficult and by the time you’re FABulous 40 like “moi” you will have to exercise daily for at least 30 minutes to maintain your current weight let alone losing any weight at all…sigh.
There are certain factors that change how our body looks and feels as we get older; gravitational pull, children, yo-yo dieting, etc. If you’re not the kind of gal who exercises regularly like me (I can do it way more often and don’t) and so many other women, not eating the proper foods, age and a slower metabolism can be key factors in what seems to be a losing battle with not only losing weight but keeping it off.
It’s not all bad news ladies! I did some research and found that although it may seem like a gross contradiction you GOTTA eat! When you starve yourself the brain is sent a message and it registers famine so the body reacts by storing fat…that is taboo when you are trying to lose weight. It’s the reason why starvation diets don’t work…yes you lose weight at first but as soon as you get back to life it seems as though almost instantly you gain twice as much weight and then not only are you 20 lbs. heavier but you’re depressed because you’re 20 pounds heavier…smh.
So I am here to share the good news! I found eight yummy foods you can eat that will help you lose weight and keep you satisfied. The key is to eat more frequently but in smaller quantities. Eating regularly in the right amounts and food combinations can help you lose weight, stay satisfied and create healthy eating habits..isn’t that what we want ladies? Sure it is! At least that’s what I so desperately want.
So forget rabbit food; carrot sticks, celery and sandpaper toast. The secret to losing weight and keep it off is very simple. You need to eat. These eight yummy foods are designed to burn fat, flatten your belly, and even tame that appetite.
1. Yogurt: Yogurt is smooth creamy and dee-lish! It has lots of calcium, and studies show that calcium may fight weight gain by slowing down the absorption of fat in your small intestine. That works for me!
2. Eggs: Start your day with boiled or poached eggs. From what I’ve read, eggs knock carbs out of the box when it comes to helping you feel fuller longer. Less cravings for snacks throughout the day…nice!
3. Nuts: Ok..so I know nuts are high in fat. Easy darlings it’s good fat that our bodies love. Nuts are our friends. They are full of hunger-curbing protein and fiber, making them the perfect snack or appetizer. Don’t get nutty (no pun intended..lol) keep it to a handful, not a bagful.
4. Whole grains: Try whole grains, like brown rice, quinoa, steel-cut oats, whole-grain cereal, and 100% whole-wheat bread and pasta. Research shows this one simple move can help flatten that spare tire…I so need to try this!
5. Avocados: This will not be a problem for me, I love, love, love avocados. Apparently, the unsaturated fat in them raise up levels of leptin, your body’s hunger-halting hormone that tells your brain when you’re full…woo hoo!
6. Mushrooms: Another fave! Use mushrooms as a meat sub in your fave recipes and cut about 400 calories and cut and sidestep all the stuff you don’t want from meat like artery clogging fat.
7. Olive oil: You’ll be pleased to know that olive oil contains a secret weapon called oleic acid — a healthy fat that makes you feel full and helps you put the skids on overeating.
8. Hot red peppers: They’re the ultimate evidence that healthy eating doesn’t have to be bland. Cayenne, jalapeno, serrano, and other red chili peppers all contain capsaicin, a fiery compound that’ll spice up your meals but cool down your appetite.
I hope this was helpful..go eat!!