Tembleque – Coconut Pudding
This is one of my very favorite desserts. Rich and creamy yummy coconutty goodness! Enjoy!
4 cups coconut milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
garnish: ground cinnamon, cinnamon sticks, or toasted coconut flakes
- In a sauce pan mix together the cornstarch, sugar and salt.
- Whisk in the coconut milk and simmer over low to medium heat.
- Stir constantly until the mixture is thoroughly cooked and thickens.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and pour pudding into individual dessert cups.
- Allow the pudding to chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Garnish with sprinkled ground cinnamon, a cinnamon stick, and/or toasted coconut flakes.