Shrimp Stir Fry
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas
- 1/8 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
In a medium saucepan, bring salted water to a boil. Add rice, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
While rice is simmering, combine shrimp, ginger, cayenne pepper, garlic, sesame seeds and black pepper in a large plastic food storage bag. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator.
Heat sesame oil in a large wok or skillet. Add red bell pepper and green onions; saute 3 to 4 minutes to soften slightly Add teriyaki sauce. Add peas and shrimp with seasoning; saute 4 minutes or until shrimp are opaque.
Stir cornstarch into chicken broth and add to wok; cook, stirring until mixture boils. Sprinkle with salt. Spoon shrimp mixture over rice.