- 1 (10-inch) sugar cane cut into 4 (1/4-inch) sticks (or 4 (10-inch) bamboo skewers soaked for 1 hour)
- 1/4 pineapple, cored and cut into 8 (1-inch) cubes
- 1 banana, peeled and cut into 8 equal portions
- 1 Gala, Fugi or Red Delicious apple, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 mango, pitted, skinned and cut into 8 (1-inch pieces)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 Tsp lime zest
Thread each sugar cane skewer with a slice of pineapple, banana, apple and mango, and repeat with the same fruit in the same sequence. Follow this procedure with the remaining 3 skewers. Combine the honey and lime zest in a small bowl and set aside until ready to use.
Preheat a grill to medium. Place the kebabs on the grill and cook, until lightly charred, about 3 minutes. Turn the kebabs over to the opposite side and cook for another 3 minutes, brushing with half of the lime-honey. Turn over again and cook for 1 minute while you brush the remainder of the honey on the second side of the kebab. Turn once more and cook for 1 minute longer on the second side.
Remove the kebobs from the grill and serve immediately.